GMT received an urgent call from FDC Construction, who were in the midst of building a new building at Macquarie University.
As part of an onsite audit, a number of Contractors required urgent First Fire Attack procedure training for WHS compliance.
Within 24hrs GMT was on site and delivered 3 x sessions of theory and practical live fire training sessions which covered;
- Human behaviour in emergencies.
- Fire and smoke characteristics and dynamics.
- Safe work practices before using portable fire equipment.
- Identify types of portable firefighting equipment.
- Safe operation of portable firefighting equipment.
GMT is equipped with a certified hot fire system which safely simulates a small to medium sized gas fire. This system allows the trainee to experience a live hot fire event and actively demonstrate their knowledge on First Fire Attack procedures including using a fire extinguisher to quell the flames.
GMT trained over 70 contractors that day and all were successful in safely using and operating a portable fire extinguisher. Each attendant received their Certificate of Attainment for completion of the training.